Lent 2023: Parish Schedule
Come spend your Lent with Saint Ambrose Catholic Parish
Download Lent 2023 Parish Schedule
Sacrament of Confession | Parish Hall
- Wednesdays | 6:30-8 pm
- Saturdays | After 9 am Mass + 3-4 pm
Eucharistic Adoration | Parish Hall Chapel
Reflections on Sacred Architecture | Parish Hall
Adult Bible Study Courses
- Unlocking the Mystery of the Bible | Wednesdays | February 22 - April 26
- 10 am | Parish Hall | Ron & Mary DeSantis, Facilitators | Course Flyer
- The Sacraments, Mass + Liturgy of the Hours | Wednesdays | February 15 - May 10
- 7 pm | Parish Library | Lee Cena, Facilitator | Course Flyer
40 Days for Life | New Day + Dates | Mondays | March 13 through April 3
Rosary for Life | Saturday | March 25
- 8 am | Pray the Rosary with Bishop Burbidge | Falls Church Healthcare Center, 900 S Washington St., Falls Church, VA
Forty Hours Devotion | March 8 - 10 | Parish Hall Chapel | Forty Hours flyer
- Wednesday | March 8 | Reflection | 6:30 pm
- Thursday | March 9 | Vespers + Reflection | 7 pm
- Friday | March 10 | Benediction + Mass | 8:50 am
Men's Lenten Retreat | Saturday | March 11 | Parish Hall
Ladies Lenten Retreat | Saturday | March 18 | 9 am | Parish Hall | Event flyer
Diocese of Arlington Fast + Abstinence Regulations
- Everyone over the age of 14 years is bound to observe the law of abstinence.
- Abstinence from meat is to be observed on all Fridays within the season of Lent.
- On Ash Wednesday and Good Friday, everyone over the age of 18 and up to the beginning of their 60th year is also bound to observe the law of fast.
- On these two days, only one full meatless meal is allowed.
- Two other meatless meals, sufficient to maintain strength, may be taken according to each one’s needs; but together they should not equal another full meal.
- Ash Wednesday and Good Friday, therefore, are the only days of both fast and abstinence.