K - 12 Religious Education
St. Ambrose offers religious education classes for students in grades K-12 who attend public or other non-Catholic schools. Students are provided the necessary preparation to receive the Sacraments of First Penance, First Holy Communion and Confirmation.
The St. Ambrose Religious Education program strives to support parents in handing on the Catholic and Apostolic Faith to their children by offering a systematic presentation of the Faith in union with and in fidelity to the Holy Roman Catholic Church founded by Jesus Christ.
2022-2023 Religious Education Classes | September 14, 2022 - May 24, 2023
- 2022-2023 Religious Education Calendar
- Kindergarten | Sunday | 8:45-9:45am | School Room K
- Grades 1-8 | Wednesday | 6:15-7:30pm | School
- Grades 9-12 | Sunday | 6-8pm | Students join the high school God Squad for friendship and faith formation
- RCIC | Monday | 7-8pm | Parish Hall
- 2022-2023 Religious Education Handbook
- Please be sure to read the Handbook before registering
St. Ambrose Parish respects parents’ right to homeschool their children. Parents interested in Religious Education homeschooling for students in grades 1, 3, 4, 5 & 6 should notify the Religious Education Office, and maintain contact with the Director of Religious Education regarding diocesan policies and guidelines, especially those pertaining to Sacramental preparation. Grades 2, 7 & 8 are Sacramental preparation years and St. Ambrose requires those classes be attended in-person with rare exceptions (i.e., for serious health situations).
There will be a brief meeting for St. Ambrose Parish families choosing the homeschool option for Religious Education on Monday evening, October 3 at 6pm in the Parish Hall Library. Homeschool classes are asynchronous; they begin October 3 and must be completed by May 24, 2023. Religious Ed grades 1, 3, 4, 5 & 6 Homeschool registration form.
- 2022-2023 Religious Education Registration Form
- Tuition and any fee payments may be made online at the end of the registration process
- One Child - $150
- Two Children - $225
- Three or More Children - $250
- Out of Parish Fee - $50 per family
- First Communion Fee - $50 (2nd Grade)
- Confirmation Fee - $75 (8th Grade)
Would you like to share your love of your Catholic faith? Do you enjoy working with children? Are you able to dedicate a few hours each week to their faith formation? If so, please prayerfully consider becoming a volunteer - there is always a need for catechists, co-catechists, classroom aides or hall monitors. All Religious Education volunteers must comply with the Diocese of Arlington's Child Protection Policy by completing a background check and attending a VIRTUS seminar.